I founded V2W in 2008, to help veterans whose military assignments limited their civilian career options qualify for, and land jobs in the growth economy. Our mission hasn’t changed, but our pursuit of game-changing innovation is never ending. Here's where we made gains in 2018:
- Career discovery. Our career assessment tool helps transitioning veterans understand and communicate their job-relevant strengths while identifying those civilian career options bes suited to their personalities, motivation and interests.
- Professional readiness. Includes resume preparation and basic training in business communications, professional networking, job search and interviewing skills.
- Career Launch Program. Fully supported, cradle-to-job pathways into cloud computing, cyber security, technology selling and other growth economy jobs. Each track consists of an On-Ramp, an accessible entry point consisting of self-led training and simulations that let veterans test drive a new career and qualify for intensive follow on support leading to a full time job.
- VetMatch. A predictive job matching tool that captures and communicates to employers veterans’ native aptitudes. The tool allows employers to identify and hire veterans based on their probability of success in a given job, a far more reliable predictor than a military resume.
- Integrated Support Network. Think of a health care network that is effective only insofar as it can coordinate and focus the efforts of disparate providers to support the patient’s well-being. Similarly, our network coordinates disjointed pieces among disparate agencies, providers and volunteers into a coherent whole supporting each veteran’s overall success.
All of our services are always free of charge to active duty military, veterans and spouses. If you’d like to help, your donation would be most welcome. Here’s where you can do so: https://goo.gl/EW6nCz.
For my V2W colleagues, thank you for your time, interest and support.
Founder & Executive Director